The Family Promise mission is to rebuild lives with compassion by providing resources and services to empower homeless individuals and families.
Here’s what they do:
- Help homeless and low-income families in Washington County achieve sustainable independence.
- Recognize that poverty is a multifaceted problem requiring a multifaceted response from the community.
- Provide food, shelter, and support services for homeless families through the hands-on work of many volunteers.
- Provide advice and advocacy for at-risk families to prevent their becoming homeless.
- Educate people about poverty and the means to combat it.
Fifth Avenue volunteers assist Trinity Lutheran Church in serving families and individuals in the program. Our church is responsible for cooking and serving dinner, fellowship time with children, and assisting in overnight coverage.
For more information or if you would like to volunteer for this outreach ministry opportunity, please contact Aimee Liepert at 262-338-5901 or Liepert@charter.net.
Our church will assist next on April 7, 8 and 9th.